Saturday, October 14, 2017

Women vs Men?


     Should I say that it is even a vs in-between those two words. It's not a competition or comparison. With those two words it is only something complete. Men and women give something so wonderful to the world and to each other, we couldn't go without one or the other. 
    In my religion class, The Eternal Families, we were asked to ponder what we enjoyed and were grateful for about our opposite gender. We were then asked why we were grateful to be the gender we are today. It put into perspective for me that I am grateful for my roles, but I am also grateful for my husbands role, which is different then mine, because together we can complete things I didn't think were possible when I was single. 
     Today the roles of men and women are changing, and simply demeaning them as a whole. There is a lot going on that puts down the role of the man in a relationship and even the female. I like to really ponder the great characteristics that a man does have, and what makes him a man. It has to do with what is on the outside, and also who he is as a person and his soul. Think about the woman as well, and what makes her a women.
     There was a study done on children. . . toddlers per say, and how the choices between boy and girl things start young. They were put in a room with blue toys, dump trucks, race cars and so forth. In the room there was also pink toys, baby dolls and strollers. Typically, and more often then not the boys would choose the typical boy toys and the girls would choose the typical girl toys. Think about the girls who chose the boy toys though, and how one would react to it. There is even a name for it, a tomboy. Now think a little boy who chooses a baby doll, and has the characteristic to be nurturing. . .  would he get a nick name like the girl did? If so, does that nickname have a good context to it?
     Children are not thinking about being gay or who they are attracted to at that age in their life. So when we label them that early, it puts them in a weird place all their life. If we would just teach our children at a young age the principles of men and women and how they both play a central role, and play with our children in a way that lets them practice this role and use it for good, the roles of men and women will be more separated and clear. If your son wanted to play barbies, play with him! . . . and let him take the role of Ken. 

     I just want to simply bear my testimony on the roles of men and women because I feel that the world today is a little bit foggy on that specific topic. I was fortunate enough to marry a man who feels the responsibility of providing for our home, presiding in our home, and protecting me and our future family. He respects my wants and wishes but also responsibility to be a stay at home mother nurturing my littles. 
    I feel that these couple talks really emphasize, put into perspective, and puts into words the importance of men and women and their roles together as a couple raising a family. 
     I know that men and women's needs are difference as well, and sometimes from the opposite gender perspective they can be intense or dramatic. Although they are valid needs, here is a little video showing how the needs are really different in a fun/funny way. I know that when my husband reaches out to understand how I am feeling and cares for me, no body else can make me feel the way he does. I know he loves and cares for me. I am grateful to be a woman, married to a handsome gentleman who acts like a man, &treats me like a lady. 


     

No comments:

Post a Comment